How-To use 3D Mold


    I did this "Under The Sea" nail design the other day and also posted all the products I've used as well. So here is a very simple tutorial on how-to use acrylic 3D mold.

    And before U start working with all acrylic chemicals be sure that you are in well-ventilated room. Because acrylic liquid has a very strong smell! I like to work with acrylic products in my veranda so I can get permanent room ventilation.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic




    Step 1 : First of all get some acrylic liquid into a glass jar and prepare nail art brush designed to work with acrylic. I like to use Kolinsky oval nail art brush size #5.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic


    Step 2 : Take preferred acrylic powder and with soaked in acrylic liquid brush take a bit of acrylic powder and it gonna looks like a small ball.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic


    Step 3 : Fill in the 3D mold pattern as neat as U can.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic


    Step 4 : Wait for about 5 mins and take out all the 3D decorations. If it doesn't come out easily use a toothpick to help.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic


    Step 5 : And because I am so messy with this I got a lot of extra edges. To cut them off use a small scissors.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic


    Finished Product : And here is the final result. All the 3D designs ready for manicure designing. To apply them onto ur nails use a very sticky clear nail polish. Use a top coat afterwards to make them look nice and shiny. Also to make them look more creative U can paint them with acrylic paints as well.


    I also heard that take out the 3D designs when it still a bit soft will helps nicely bend on the nails.


    Image and video hosting by TinyPic


    And thats it! U'll easily get how to work with acrylics after first use. Very simple but absolutely exciting!


    Have U tried using 3D mold? Which design would U like to get? (As for me I'd like to buy some different type of snowflakes pattern :)





    P.S. I really am new at acrylic technique and if U have any tips and tricks feel free to share them with all of us :)


Total Pageviews